This holiday season may be different than years past, but there is still plenty to celebrate. Whether you’re bringing the family together around the table or sending love from afar, filling your home with holiday fragrance helps set the mood. When it comes to creating warm, soothing ambience nothing is better than a fragranced candle and LAFCO has several holiday scents to share.
Thanksgiving candles don’t have to stand on their own. By incorporating them into your holiday décor, you can fill your home with festive fragrance and bask in the warmth and glow all season.
Uncovering the Meaning of Thanksgiving
Thanksgiving is a national holiday celebrated on the last Thursday of November in the United States each year. The origins of the holiday go all the way back to 1621 when Plymouth colonists shared an autumn harvest feast with the Wampanoag Indians. In the two centuries that followed, individual colonies and states celebrated days of thanksgiving, but it wasn’t until 1863 that Thanksgiving Day was proclaimed a national holiday. The proclamation was made by President Abraham Lincoln in the midst of the Civil War and the holiday has been celebrated annually ever since.
The first Thanksgiving was a celebratory feast marking the Pilgrims’ first successful corn harvest. After suffering a harsh winter aboard the Mayflower, the remaining passengers and crew had moved ashore where they were greeted by Native Americans. The Native Americans taught the Pilgrims to cultivate corn, catch fish, and avoid poisonous plants. They also helped the settlers form an alliance with a local tribe, the Wampanoag.
Today, Thanksgiving is a holiday dedicated to the expression of gratitude. Though it has lost much of its original religious significance, the holiday is still centered around sharing a bountiful meal with family and friends.
Holiday Décor Tips Using Thanksgiving Candles
Whether you’re hosting a Thanksgiving feast for family this year or keeping your celebration small, there are plenty of ways to foster holiday cheer. Thanksgiving candles bring light and festive fragrance into the home, reminding you what the holiday season is all about.
Here are some simple tips for including Thanksgiving candles in your holiday décor:
- Line your mantle with garland and nestle in Spiced Pomander votives for a pop of gold. Add clusters of bright red holiday berries to complete the image.
- Bring out your favorite holiday serving platter and turn it into a festive centerpiece. Combine your favorite LAFCO holiday fragranced candles with other holiday accents like miniature ornaments, whole walnuts, or bits of holly.
- Offset the beautiful red art glass from Winter Currant scented candles by placing them on a mirror. Use it as a centerpiece on your dining table or an accent table for a pop of holiday color.
- Add a hint of holiday cheer to your favorite LAFCO candles by wrapping the decorative art glass vessels with bright holiday ribbon. Tie a bow in front and add a gift tag for fun.
- Place a Frosted Pine candle in a shallow dish and fill the dish with bright red berries, artificial snow, or miniature pine cones to complete your holiday accent piece.
Thanksgiving candles can be seamlessly incorporated into many aspects of holiday décor, but don’t limit yourself to seasonal scents. Enjoy your favorite LAFCO fragrances in everything from scented candles and reed diffusers to hand cream, bar soap, and room mist. Try the new Pura Smart Diffuser to fill your home with the holiday scent of Frosted Pine or other popular LAFCO fragrances.
Try These LAFCO Holiday Scents
View this post on Instagram
Everyone’s favorite fall candle has officially been sold out in our Classic size. Get yours now in our Signature and Votive sizes before it’s too late 🍁 Receive 15% off your order by texting SCENT to 39296. Thank you @brows.beauty.skin for always sharing beautiful photos.
Whether you’re decorating your holiday hearth or looking to add a little cheer to the atmosphere in your home, the right fragrance can be transformative. LAFCO fragrances are made with pure essential oils, free from synthetic ingredients to deliver a truly luxurious experience. Our scented holiday candles come in a range of sizes from 1.9-ounce votives to large, three-wick 30-ounce candles.
Here are the top Thanksgiving candles to try this holiday season:
- Frosted Pine – The fresh scent of fallen pine settles into smoky notes of cedar and crisp white birch in this holiday fragrance. The candle is presented in a dark green art glass vessel, available in 1.9-ounce votives, 6.5-ounce Classic, and 15.5-ounce Signature sizes.
- White Maple Bourbon – The smooth scent of bourbon is accented by hints of white maple wood and warm vanilla bean, all presented in a silver art glass vessel. Try it in the 6.5-ounce Classic size or go big with the 30-ounce 3-wick candle.
- Spiced Pomander – Enjoy this inviting fragrance in a 1.9-ounce votive or in the larger 6.5-ounce Classic and 15.5-ounce Signature sizes. Spiced Pomander is a combination of cinnamon, bitter orange, and clove, putting a warm twist on a holiday tradition.
- Winter Currant – This sparkling holiday fragrance brings together the sweetness of heliotrope with juicy redcurrant, infused with a hint of mandarin nectar. Presented in a beautiful red art glass vessel, this candle comes in the Classic 6.5-ounce and 1.9-ounce votive sizes.
These Thanksgiving candles are available in several sizes, including a 6.5-ounce Classic holiday gift set which includes the Frosted Pine and Winter Currant fragrances. For even longer lasting fragrance, consider the Frosted Pine Classic 6-ounce Reed Diffuser to enjoy up to 4 months of fragrance.