Nothing is better than walking in your front door to be greeted by a burst of fresh fragrance. The right fragrance can help you shed the weight of a long day at work and settle into the comfort of home.
Home fragrance can take many different forms from scented candles to room sprays. If you’re looking for the longest lasting fragrance solution, however, we recommend a LAFCO reed diffuser. Available in 6-ounce and 15-ounce sizes, our reed diffusers are made with premium essential oil-based fragrances and natural wood reeds to fill your home with the scent of your choosing for up to 12 months at a time.
Not only are LAFCO reed diffusers made with premium-quality fragrance, but each is presented in a decorative art glass vessel crafted thoughtfully by hand. Best of all, once the fragrance fades you can refill the vessel with a new set of reeds or repurpose it for a different use entirely.
Let’s explore many of the fun of the ways you could reuse your reed diffuser vessel…
9 Ways to Repurpose the Vessel
View this post on Instagram
Each LAFCO reed diffuser is designed to serve as a decorative element in your home décor scheme, even after its original purpose has been fulfilled. Our reed diffusers are hand-crafted from beautiful art glass – they are meant to be displayed! If you want to enjoy the beauty of your LAFCO reed diffuser vessel for as long as possible, get the wheels of creativity turning to see what you can come up with.
Here are a few simple ideas for repurposing your LAFCO reed diffuser vessel to get you started:
- Vase – Showcase a sprig of your favorite flowers with a LAFCO reed diffuser vessel in a complimentary color. You can also use it to hold sprigs of fresh herbs or, for a longer lasting solution, silk flowers.
- Utensil Holder – Do you find that you’re always losing track of small kitchen utensils (like the cleaning brush for your reusable straws)? Keep them handy and on display in your repurposed LAFCO reed diffuser vessel.
- Brush Holder – Whether you paint your face or paint by numbers, it’s important to keep your brushes safe. Use your LAFCO reed diffuser vessel to hold your makeup or paint brushes.
- Water Vessel – If you’re looking for a simple and practical solution for keeping water nearby for your houseplants, use your LAFCO reed diffuser vessel. Not only will it hold up to 15 ounces of water, but you can keep it on display right next to your plants with no shame.
- Mini Lamp – Grab a length of fairy lights and bundle them up inside your LAFCO reed diffuser vessel. Depending what color the vessel is, you could end up with a soft and subtle glow or a pop of bright color and light.
- Centerpiece – Place your LAFCO reed diffuser vessel on a round mirror or decorative tray in the center of your dining table. Fill the vessel with silk flowers and add tea lights and other elements of your choice to complete the centerpiece.
- Bookends – If you have a set of matching reed diffuser vessels, fill them with sand or pea gravel to add enough weight to use them as bookends.
- Toothbrush Holder – Set your LAFCO reed diffuser vessel on your vanity next to the sink and use it to hold your toothbrush.
- Liquid Storage – Looking for a more artful way to store liquids like makeup remover or facial toner? Fill up your cleaned LAFCO reed diffuser vessel and stop it with a cork. Voila!
Tips for Cleaning Your Vessel
Now that you have a better idea how your LAFCO reed diffuser vessel can be repurposed, you may be wondering what steps you need to take to get it there. Our reed diffuser vessels are hand-crafted from beautiful glass in a variety of different colors paired perfectly to the fragrance contained therein. When you’re ready to repurpose your vessel, here are the steps to follow:
- Remove the reeds and discard any remaining fragrance oil.
- Run the vessel under hot water to remove any traces of remaining oil.
- Add a drop or two of dish soap and a little hot water.
- Swish the soapy water around for a minute or so then rinse well.
- Set the vessel upside down over a cloth or folded paper towel to dry.
- Once the vessel is completely dry, feel free to use it as desired.
Your LAFCO reed diffuser is designed to last up to 4 months for the Classic 6-ounce size or up to a full year for the Signature 15-ounce size. If you’re not ready to repurpose your vessel quite yet, you can always purchase a reed diffuser refill in your preferred fragrance. Whether you’re going with the same fragrance or trying something new, we always recommend cleaning the vessel and starting with new reeds to ensure the cleanest, purest fragrance experience.
With a little creativity, you can turn your LAFCO reed diffuser vessel into a stunning centerpiece or an element of home décor. Showcase your work using the hashtag #LAFCORepurposed for a chance to be featured on one of our social media accounts.