When you get home from a long day at work and step in the front door, that first breath of home drains all the stress from your body. When you’re feeling overwhelmed with chores and obligations, a hot bath drizzled with scented oil can change your mood in an instant, helping you relax and reset. These are the powers of fragrance and LAFCO understands them. Fragrance is more than just smell – it’s memory and emotion. The right fragrance can transport your mind from where you are to where you want to be.
When it comes to harnessing the power of fragrance, you have a wide variety of options to choose from but two of the best everyday applications are reed diffusers and scented candles. Read on to learn more about LAFCO fragranced products and how to choose the right one for your home.
The Benefits of Fragrance
As humans, our physical senses are somewhat limited – especially when compared to animals. Humans possess about six million olfactory receptors while the average dog has over 300 million. More than that, the portion of a dog’s brain devoted to analyzing smells is 40 times greater than a human’s. Though we may not be able to identify individual odors to same way a dog can, we aren’t unaffected by them. Scientific evidence shows that odors can affect a person’s mood, performance, and even behavior.
Aromatherapy is a holistic healing practice that uses aromatic essential oils to improve the health of the mind, body, and spirit. Humans have practiced aromatherapy for thousands of years to treat everything from asthma to arthritis as well as psychological issues like depression and anxiety.
Here are some of the potential benefits of aromatherapy fragrance:
- Certain scents like lavender and rose have been shown to relieve anxiety and stress
- Invigorating fragrances like cinnamon and citrus can boost your energy
- Some scents like vanilla have a sedative effect, promoting relaxation of the mind and body
- Scents like lemon and bergamot may improve mood and alleviate depression
- Fragrances like eucalyptus and camphor may relieve allergies and ease pain or tension
- Certain scents like rosemary and jasmine promote concentration and boost productivity
Aromatherapy works through the sense of smell, so there are a wide variety of applications. At LAFCO, two of our top aromatherapy products are reed diffusers and scented candles, all made with natural essential oil-based fragrances to ensure a true and natural scent.
How to Decide Which Option is Best
When it comes to aromatherapy products, you can’t go wrong with the wide variety LAFCO provides. That being said, choosing the right product comes down to the details. LAFCO scented candles come in dozens of different fragrances and several sizes. LAFCO reed diffusers offer continuous fragrance for up to 12 months at a time.
To determine which option is right for you, ask yourself some of these questions:
- What mood or ambiance am I trying to create with fragrance?
- Do I want continuous and long-lasting fragrance or an occasional boost?
- What is the size and typical use of the room where I plan to use it?
- How important is it that the product that complements my home décor?
If you’re not committed to a specific fragrance or you’re only planning to use the product occasionally, a LAFCO fragranced candle might be the best option. Scented candles are the perfect way to change the atmosphere in the room according to your mood or to promote certain benefits like productivity, relaxation, or healing. Scented candles come in different sizes for different rooms and you can swap scents easily simply by choosing which candle to light.
For long-lasting, continuous fragrance, a LAFCO reed diffuser is the ideal choice. Reed diffusers utilize the same professional-grade essential oil fragrance, but the scent is released slowly as it evaporates from a collection of natural reeds. You can adjust the strength of the fragrance by adding or removing reeds, flipping them over for an added boost of fragrance when needed. A reed diffuser provides 3 to 6 12 months of subtle fragrance and can be used in spaces of any size.
Tips for Enjoying Your LAFCO Fragrance
No matter which product you choose, it’s important to use it properly to enjoy the maximum benefit of your LAFCO fragrance. Here are some simple tips to get you started:
- Place your LAFCO scented candle or reed diffuser in a location where it gets plenty of air flow but won’t be at risk for getting knocked over – a bookshelf or mantle is ideal.
- Choose the size of your candle or number of reeds according to the size of the space – the larger the candle or more reeds you use, the stronger the fragrance.
- Always trim your LAFCO candle wick before lighting it and let the top layer of wax melt completely before you put the candle out – this prevent tunnels from forming in the wax.
- When the scent from your LAFCO reed diffuser starts to fade, simply flip the sticks to refresh it – wait until all of the oil is absorbed before replacing the sticks and refilling the vessel.
Even after your LAFCO candle or reed diffuser is finished, it doesn’t become useless. Our products are delivered in beautiful art glass vessels that serve as decorative items on their own. LAFCO fragranced candle vessels can be repurposed as planters, pencil holders, and even drinking glasses. To reuse your LAFCO reed diffuser, simply clean it and refill it with fresh reeds and oil.
The possibilities are endless with LAFCO aromatherapy products. Use our Fragrance Finder to be paired with the perfect fragrance or try one of our candle duos to get started.