As difficult a year as this has been, a brand new one is right around the corner. Before you know it, you’ll be taking down the 2020 calendar and thinking ahead to the possibility that awaits in 2021.
Whether you ascribe to the tradition of making New Year’s resolutions or not, there’s a certain shift in mindset that settles in at the stroke of midnight on December 31st. In a year most will be more than happy to leave behind, it’s more important than ever to kick off the new year right. It all starts with cultivating the proper mindset: out with the old, in with the new.
The future is bright, so surround yourself with fresh, clean scents from LAFCO. Read on for tips to ring in the new year right and to see our suggestions for the best fragrances to get a new start.
Start the New Year Off Right
A new year gives you a fresh start, even if nothing has actually changed but the date on the calendar. What it really comes down to is attitude and after a tough year like 2020, we could all use a bit of an attitude adjustment. Even if you’ve never made a New Year’s resolution, resolve to enter 2021 with an open mind, a light heart, and a positive outlook.
Here are some simple tips for cultivating positivity in the new year:
- Practice gratitude in your daily life. Take notice of the things you have and the good people in your life – you might even keep a gratitude journal!
- Reframe negative self-talk. If you spend a lot of time in your head, you probably get caught up in circles of self-talk – try reframing the negatives in a positive way.
- Do something nice for someone on a daily basis. Whether it’s something as simple as giving a compliment or helping a friend in need, a little kindness goes a long way.
- Keep things in perspective. Small challenges can seem like insurmountable problems if you focus only on the negative.
- Start each day in a positive way. Play some upbeat music while getting dressed, put a sticky note with a positive affirmation on your mirror, or just force yourself to smile every morning.
Being positive isn’t necessarily something you feel, but it can be something you choose. The world is full of unexpected ups and downs – you may not be able to control all of them, but you get to decide how you respond to them. Enter the new year with a newfound commitment to positivity.
The Best LAFCO Fragrances for a New Year
View this post on Instagram
Now that the holidays are behind us, it’s time to get back to the grind. Personal resolutions aside, we all have a lot of work to do in 2021. Whether you’re back in the office or still working from home, it’s important to create the right ambience. From good lighting and soundproofing to a bright, motivational fragrance, productivity starts with a feeling.
Here are the top LAFCO fragrances to kick off the new year right:
- Champagne – What better way to ring in the new year than with a pop of sparkling fragrance? Available in scented candles, reed diffusers, and more, this scent features fresh notes of orange, mandarin, raspberry, and lemon with a twist of grapefruit and ginger.
- White Grapefruit – Enjoy long-lasting fragrance with this 15-ounce reed diffuser. A mouthwatering blend of fresh grapefruit and sweet pineapple settles into a bed of mandarin leaves and fern, warmed by hints of orange blossom and apple wood.
- Cilantro Orange – Presented in a bright orange glass vessel, this fragranced candle inspires energy and motivation. Fresh cilantro and lime play off a juicy blend of mandarin and avocado, accented with notes of spearmint and warm ginger.
- Marine – For quick spritz of renewed focus, try this Marine room mist. Crisp sea air blends with the fragrance of marine water, carried on a salty breeze over fields of jasmine and rose.
- Rosemary Eucalyptus – An invigorating blend of juniper, rosemary, and eucalyptus, this scented candle comes in the Classic 6.5oz and Signature 15.5oz. sizes. You’ll enjoy a robust and tangy fragrance that fades into a warm, woody base.
- Mint Tisane – Perfect for the home office or meditation room, this reed diffuser will help you settle your mind and refocus your energy. Sparkling notes of sweet citrus settle into an herbal blend of basil, mint, and eucalyptus before settling into a base of star anise and clove.
The right fragrance is powerful. It can trigger emotions or memories and create a mood that makes you feel like you can take on anything. Start the new year lighting one of these LAFCO fragranced candles or resolve to find your new favorite fragrance year. The Discovery Trio makes it easy to sample three different fragrances for under $20. Best of all, you’ll receive a discount on your next full-size order!