The right scent can transport your mind and transform your attitude. Whether you’re dealing with stress and anxiety or struggling to stay focused, the right scented candle could give you a boost in any direction. Though one candle may look like any other, there’s quite a bit of variety – especially when it comes to the ingredients and processes used to make them.
Every LAFCO candle is designed to deliver a natural, sustainable, and luxurious experience. Using high-quality ingredients and sustainable manufacturing processes, we do fragrance differently. Read on to learn about the pitfalls of cheap scented candles and what makes LAFCO’s luxury candles different.
The Trouble with Cheap Candles
Scented candles are an economical way to upgrade the ambience in your home, or even simply one room, but you need to be careful about which candles you choose. Not all scented candles are created equally.
Mass-produced candles are often made with poor-quality ingredients that can release harmful chemicals into the air when burned. Whether it’s petroleum based waxes like paraffin or petrolatum, entirely synthetic fragrances made from ingredients that emit harmful VOCs, or wicks that that have a metal core, understanding what goes into your candle is key to ensuring an experience that makes you feel good.
How are LAFCO Candles Different?
View this post on Instagram
There’s nothing better than a guilt free fragrance experience. With soy based wax and a 100% cotton wick, we ensure a clean burn every time 🔥 Feeling lucky? Enter to win our fall giveaway worth over $2200 with some of our favorite brands. Link is in our bio ⭐️ Thank you @questforglow for the photo!
Unlike the mass-produced scented candles, LAFCO uses only the purest ingredients to deliver natural luxury. LAFCO fragranced candles are made with a wax blend that is mostly soy – a renewable, biodegradable, and non-toxic resource. Unlike other waxes, soy wax burns slowly and releases fragrance gradually, adding to the life of your candle. Our 15.5oz signature candle offers a generous burn time of up to 90 hours and our 30.0oz 3-wick candles burn for up to 120 hours.
Not only does LAFCO use the highest quality wax in each scented candle, but our candles are hand-poured in decorative glass vessels. We use pure and refined essential oil-based fragrances to deliver a true and natural scent. Every candle is made with a 100% cotton wick to ensure a clean, non-toxic burn.
Experience the LAFCO difference with popular fragrances like the following:
- Feu de Bois – Wrap yourself in the warm ambience of fresh pine, sandalwood, and Virginia cedar layered over smoky leather accords with hints of frankincense and vanilla. As one of our most popular fragrances, this candle is available in four sizes ranging from the 4-ounce travel candle to the 30-ounce 3-wick candle.
- Chamomile Lavender – The perfect combination of fresh herbs and florals, this fragrance brings new meaning to relaxation. Calming chamomile fades into a heart of eucalyptus, enhanced with hints of rosemary, sage, and lavender all in one soothing scent.
- Sea & Dune – This fresh fragrance captures the feeling of a carefree beach day surrounded by warm summer sun and cool ocean spray. Breathe in the fragrance of watery lotus, fresh lily, and natural sea grass accented with notes of golden amber.
- Rosemary Eucalyptus – Clear your mind and open the door to inspiration with this fresh herby fragrance. Aromatic notes of basil and sage give way to a heart of rosemary, eucalyptus, and juniper, all layered over a base of woody patchouli and elemi.
With LAFCO essential oil-based fragrances and 100% cotton wicks, you’ll enjoy a clean burn. Read on to learn some simple tips for getting the most out of your LAFCO fragranced candle.
Tips for Making the Most of Your LAFCO Candle
Every LAFCO product comes with the Pure Promise of quality fragrance, thoughtful craftsmanship, and ingredient purity. Not only are you guaranteed a clean, non-toxic burn and lasting fragrance, but with many of our formats you get to enjoy the beauty of an artfully handblown glass vessel designed to enhance the burning experience. With a few simple steps you can maximize the life of your LAFCO fragranced candle.
Here are some simple tips to make the most of your candle:
- Trim the wick before you light it for the first time – use nail clippers, scissors, or (preferably) a LAFCO wick trimmer to cut the wick down to between 1/8 and ¼ inch of the wax surface.
- Let the wax melt all the way across the surface before you extinguish the candle – this helps prevent tunneling and keeps your candle burning evenly.
- Keep the wick trimmed to ensure a bright and even burn each time – an untrimmed wick can dull the brightness of the flame and may result in soot stains on the inside of the glass.
- Position the candle away from moving air to avoid disturbing the flame – don’t place it near open windows, fans, air conditioners, or areas where people come and go frequently.
When your LAFCO fragranced candle finally flickers out, you don’t have to discard it. Our Classic Signature and 3-Wick candles are presented in beautifully crafted hand-blown glass vessel with boundless repurposing potentially. Turn your candle vessel into a vase of fresh herbs and cut flowers or use it as a decorative container for bathroom essentials. See what some of our customers have done with their candle vessels here. To keep your home filled with fragrance, stock up on your favorites or choose from 30 different options to build your own Discovery Trio to find your new favorite fragrance.