As the country deals with the effects of a difficult year, millions of people continue to find themselves working from home. If you’ve always worked in a traditional office setting, the idea of working at home may sound like a dream. A few weeks (or even days) into it, however, you come to realize that working from home comes with a whole different set of challenges.
Not having to fight traffic to get to the office in the morning is great, and you may not even have to change out of your pajamas anymore. When you lose the distinction between home and workplace, however, things can get tricky and you may find working at home isn’t quite what you initially expected.
Though working at home can have its issues, nothing is impossible if you’re willing to put in a little effort. Read on to learn some creative ideas for creating a dedicated workspace and some tips to maximize your productivity with LAFCO fragrances.
Create a Dedicated Workspace
Even though your commute may only amount to the distance between your bedroom and the kitchen table, it’s important to draw a line between home and work – even if they are literally the same place.
One of the best things you can do early on when you start working from home is establish a routine. You may have a little more freedom when it comes to the hours you actually work, but it’s important to create a schedule and stick to it. You don’t necessarily need to get up at the crack of dawn anymore to beat rush hour, but you should at least get up and moving at the same time each day and dedicate a certain portion of your day to work.
If you have room in your home, it’s also a good idea to create a dedicated workspace. An unused area like the guest room or an empty corner of the dining room is perfect – you don’t necessarily need walls, but it helps to have a physical space you go to work that you can leave at the end of the day.
Set up your workspace to minimize distractions and make sure you have everything you need within reach. Don’t forget to add a few personal touches as well like a LAFCO reed diffuser or scented candle.
Maximize Productivity with Fragrance
When creating your home workspace, it’s all about the details. You’ll probably start with a desk and a comfy chair then add the essentials like your computer, a desk lamp, and tools for organization. You may even add some décor elements like a scented candle or a framed family photo. What you’re probably not thinking about when setting up your home workspace is the ambiance, but maybe you should.
As humans, our sense of smell may not be our strongest sense, but it plays a bigger role in everyday life than we often realize. Certain fragrances have the power to affect your emotions, your mood, and even your memory. With LAFCO fragrances, you can harness the benefits of aromatherapy to turn your home workspace into a stress-free environment where you can focus and be productive.
Here are some of the top LAFCO fragrances to try when working from home:
- Lemon Verbena Candle – The scent of this citrusy herb promotes concentration and provides calming, clarifying effects when you’re feeling anxious or exhausted. Hand poured in a beautiful art glass vessel, this solid soy wax candle delivers a clean burn with a 100% cotton wick.
- Chamomile Lavender Room Mist – The combination of calming chamomile and soothing lavender is just what you need to relieve tension and relax your nerves when it comes time to settle into work. This room mist instantly transforms any space with a quick spritz of gentle fragrance that comes from natural essential oils.
- John Derian Exclusive Candle – The calming benefits of jasmine and lavender pair perfectly with the fresh floral scent of neroli and currant blossoms in this exclusive collaboration candle featuring the artwork of John Derian. Hand-poured with a 60-hour burn time, this candle serves the dual purpose of bringing both light and beauty in your home workspace.
- Rosemary Eucalyptus Reed Diffuser – The woody, herby scent of rosemary stimulates the mind and the senses while the fragrance of eucalyptus focuses your concentration. Enjoy this combination in a beautiful reed diffuser that brings together the true scent of essential oil-based fragrance and natural reds to fill your home workspace with fragrance.
- Marine Hand Cream – Refresh your mind and spirit with the fresh fragrance of bergamot enhanced with the soothing scent of clean ocean air. Keep a tube of this luxurious hand cream by your desk for moments when you start to slow down – smooth on a layer and breathe in the fragrance while your skin drinks in the moisture.
- Cilantro Orange Candle – When you start to lose focus or your energy starts to flag, light this luxurious scented candle to bring things back into focus. The invigorating combination of fresh cilantro and zesty mandarin wafts delicately over notes of lime, mint, and eucalyptus.
- Champagne Reed Diffuser – This sparkling fragrance brings together the freshness of grapefruit and Tuscan lemon with the spice of ginger, giving you a natural boost of energy and focus to get through your workday. The sleek white vessel matches any décor scheme.
- White Grapefruit Candle – The zesty scent of fresh grapefruit is the boost of energy you need in the morning, accented with hints of pineapple and orange peel in this 6.5-ounce classic candle. Enjoy a generous 50-hour burn time and a handblown art glass vessel.
- Mint Tisane Reed Diffuser – Brighten your mood and stimulate your mind with the refreshing scent of spearmint and peppermint punctuated by notes of lime, basil, and star anise. This reed diffuser adds a dash of color to your home workspace and fills it with fragrance you can customize by adding or taking away the natural wood reeds.
Ambiance is more than a color palette or décor scheme – it encompasses the tone and atmosphere of the space. The right fragrance can transform your impromptu home office into a comfortable workspace separate from the stresses of everyday life where you can focus and be productive.
If you’re not sure what scent might work best in your new home office, use the LAFCO Fragrance Finder to pick the perfect fragrance by answering a few simple questions.