When you walk through the door at the end of a long day, the last thing you want to do is waste valuable time putting everything away. You want to toss your keys on the counter, drop your bag by the door, and kick off your shoes before heading inside to relax. That’s what a mudroom is for.
A mudroom is a catch-all space that acts as a transition between the home and the outdoors. Not only does it give you a perfect place to put wet coats and muddy shoes, but it helps keep some of the daily clutter out of your main living areas.
A mudroom isn’t meant to be perfectly tidy all the time, but that doesn’t mean it can’t be organized. Here are some tips for keeping your mudroom organized and smelling fresh with LAFCO fragrances.
Tips for Keeping Your Mudroom Organized
If you’re building a home or doing some renovations, seriously consider working a mudroom into your plans. Even if you already have an existing space used for this purpose, a few simple tweaks could make a world of difference when it comes to keeping your family orderly and feeling fresh.
Here are some simple tips to keep your mudroom organized:
- Make sure you have a mat on the inside and outside of each entry door to catch water, mud, and other debris. Choose outdoor mats sturdy enough to hose off and indoor mats that can be thrown in the washer for quick and easy cleaning.
- Place a drip tray near the door for snowy boots, muddy shoes, and wet umbrellas.
- Instead of using shoe bins to store the shoes you don’t use too often, try using shoe racks – they’ll give the shoes time to air out between uses and will help keep them dry.
- Mount plenty of hooks on the walls in your mudroom. Use sturdier hooks for coats and heavy garments and make sure you have room for scarves, hats, and gloves.
- If your mudroom doubles as a laundry space, include some convenience features like smaller hooks to hang delicate items, a fold-down shelf to fold laundry, and storage for laundry bins.
- Give each member of the family a designated personal area in the mudroom to store things like gloves, scarves, and other items. It will help speed up your morning getting-ready-to-go routine.
- Make an effort to give the mudroom a thorough cleaning once a season. There’s no point in trying to keep the room spotless all year, but when the weather changes you should go through and remove trash, relocate out-of-season clothes, and check for mold and mildew.
While you can’t expect to keep your mudroom perfectly clean all the time, there’s no reason it can’t still be a pleasant space. With proper organization and the right fragrance from LAFCO, you can keep your mudroom looking and smelling fresh all year-round.
The Top 7 Fragrances for the Mudroom
Between dirty laundry, muddy shoes, and all the other bric-a-brac that accumulates in a mudroom, there is a high potential for things to get a little smelly. Making sure everything has its place is a great way to minimize odor, but it doesn’t hurt to throw in a little fragrance to keep things fresh.
Here are the top 7 fragrances to try in your mudroom:
- Sea & Dune – Fresh lemon and spicy coastal lily hover over a heart of watery blue lotus and natural sea grass in this summery fragrance. This candle comes in four sizes, 4 ounces through 30-ounces, and is presented in a blue-gray art glass vessel with a gold rim.
- Champagne – Bright and bubbly, this refreshing fragrance features notes of orange and mandarin zest along with fresh raspberry and sparkling Tuscan lemon. Presented in a white vessel with a black rim, this candle is simple but supremely elegant.
- Marine – Turn your mudroom into an ocean getaway with this gentle fragrance. Bask in the essence of marine water and crisp sea air as the salty breeze carries notes of jasmine, cyclamen, and rose to refresh your senses. This fragrance is available in the 4-ounce travel, 6.5-ounce Classic, 15.5-ounce Signature, and 30-ounce 3-wick sizes.
- Spike Lavender – As soon as you walk into your home, this relaxing fragrance will help you leave the worries of the world behind. Soothing notes of Tuscan lavender and rose are revealed under an initial impression of eucalyptus, bergamot, and clove bud before fading into a lasting impression of white woods, patchouli, and vanilla.
- White Grapefruit – Bright and fruity, this sparkling fragrance is presented in a beautiful yellow art glass vessel to bring a pop of color into your mudroom. This fragrance brings to mind the aroma of freshly picked fruit warming in the summer sun.
- Lemon Verbena – Dirty laundry, stinky shoes, and household clutter don’t stand a chance against this bright fragrance. Top notes of lemongrass, verbena, and nashi pear hover over a heart of jasmine, white gardenia, tarragon, and clove bud before settling into a soothing undertone of Hawaiian sandalwood and white musk.
- Celery Thyme – With crisp notes of cucumber and tart celery seed, this fresh fragrance has a spicy green finish. Presented in a clean white hand-blown glass vessel, this fragranced candle has a 90-hour burn time and can be reused once the wick has burned down.
If you’re not quite sure which fragrance will work best for you and your family, why pick one when you can try three? The LAFCO Discovery Trio provides three sample-sized candles for just $16 so you can try as many as you like without paying full price. Best of all, you’ll receive $16 off your next full-size purchase (with free shipping included) so you really have nothing to lose!