Life is all about balance, especially when it comes to the separation between work and leisure. Unfortunately, this particularly line has become blurred in recent months as many find themselves working from home in the midst of the pandemic. Whether you work from home exclusively, partially, or simply keep a home office for occasional use, it’s important to make it a space where you feel focused and productive. The right fragrance from LAFCO can help.
Fragrance has the power to calm your spirits and transport your mind, but it can also boost your mood and foster productivity. Here’s what you need to know about turning your home office into a haven for productivity with the help of LAFCO fragrance, along with a few recommendations to try for yourself.
Create the Perfect Ambience in Your Office
Even if you don’t exclusively work from home, it can be nice to have a dedicated home office space. Whether you’re paying bills, planning your family’s weekly schedule, or putting in a few extra work hours, it’s important to have a space where you feel focused and productive. More importantly, it’s nice to have a space you can leave behind when you’re ready to relax and spend time with family.
The key to creating the perfect ambiance in your home office is to encourage focus and foster productivity. Your furniture should be comfortable but not so comfortable you find yourself drifting off to sleep. The lighting should be bright enough to see by, but not so bright it grates on your nerves. Keep things clean and tidy as much as possible as well, utilizing organizational aids to minimize clutter.
When it comes to fostering productivity in your home office, it’s easy to focus on the visual elements – things like lighting, color scheme, and furniture. It’s just as important to think about the subtle things that affect your mindset, however, things like fragrance. Read on to learn more about the impact of fragrance on your mood and mindset, and how fragrances from LAFCO can help you turn your home office into a space where you can concentrate on work.
Try These LAFCO Fragrances
No one really wants to spend more time at work than they have to, even if you enjoy your job. At the end of the day, walking away from your desk feeling satisfied comes down to how much you got done. You may be surprised to learn that something as simple as adding fragrance to your home office can help focus your attention and boost productivity so you can more work done in a shorter length of time.
Here are some of the top LAFCO fragrances to try in your home office:
- Rosemary Eucalyptus – Clear your mind with the scent of fresh rosemary, eucalyptus, and juniper accented with aromatic notes of basil and sage. Try this fragrance in a 6.5-ounce Classic or 15.5-ounce Signature candle or enjoy long-lasting fragrance with a reed diffuser.
- Cilantro Orange – Bright and invigorating, the scent of brilliant orange zest and freshly chopped cilantro sparkle to life with a hint of lime and spicy ginger. Enjoy this scent in the Signature 15.5-ounce candle, presented in a colorful handblown art glass vessel.
- White Grapefruit – Zesty grapefruit will awaken your mind and focus your thoughts while sweet notes of pineapple and apple wood calm your mood. This fragrance is available in the 15-ounce Signature reed diffuser made with hand-cut natural wood reeds, presented in an art glass vessel.
- Champagne – The freshness of grapefruit and raspberry are accented by hints of spicy ginger and sparkling Tuscan lemon in this uplifting, motivating fragrance. Try it with the Pura Smart Home Diffuser and control the concentration of fragrance at the touch of a button.
- Mint Tisane – The combination of energizing sweet basil and uplifting mint in this herbal fragrance will clear your mind and focus your productivity. Enjoy long-lasting fragrance with a Mint Tisane reed diffuser or light a fragranced candle when you need a stimulating boost.
- Marine – Nothing is as clarifying as a fresh ocean breeze and this Marine room mist is just what you need to refocus your thoughts to boost productivity. Layered over a gentle essence of marine water, you’ll notice hints of fresh bergamot, rhubarb, and vetiver.
When it comes to choosing the right fragrance for your home office, there is no perfect formula, it’s largely a matter of preference. Certain scents tend to be more invigorating than others, but you may find that there’s a specific fragrance that really helps you focus. If you’re not sure what might work for you, try a LAFCO Discovery Trio and sample several fragrances before you make up your mind.
Tips for Improving Office Productivity
There are only so many hours in the workday, and no one wants to sacrifice valuable family time just to finish a task. Rather than working longer, try working smarter by taking simple steps to maximize your productivity while you’re working at home or in the office.
Here are some simple tips for maximizing your productivity:
- Create and stick to time limits and deadlines. Even if a task doesn’t have a specific due date, it may be helpful to set personal deadlines for open-ended projects or to put time limits on tasks where you know you tend to dawdle.
- Stop trying to multitask. It may feel like you’re getting more done when you’re working on several tasks simultaneously, but the opposite may actually be true. Instead, finish the task at hand before moving to the next one.
- Give yourself time to take breaks. We all feel pressure to get things done but pushing yourself beyond your limits may actually decrease productivity. Take regular breaks throughout the day (schedule them if necessary) and make sure you actually get up from your desk.
- Turn off your notifications. We’ve all become trained to respond to react immediately to notifications for texts and emails but responding to every little thing can really eat up your time. Don’t keep your inbox open all day, instead set times to check and respond to messages.
- Prioritize your tasks. Nothing is more satisfying than checking things off your to-do list, and it can actually help you get more done if you have a prioritized list to work from. Put your most important tasks at the top of your list and work in a few simpler tasks that can be done quickly as well to boost your motivation.
Whether you’re working entirely from home or you just want a dedicated space where you can get a few things done without being distracted, LAFCO fragrance can help you harness your productivity and maximize efficiency. Try one of the fragrances above or try our Discovery Trio sample set. You’ll have 30+ unique fragrance options to build your trio. Pick three different fragrances to sample for $16 (free shipping included). We’ll also email you a coupon code for $16 which can be applied to your next full-sized purchase.